- Retraction Note
- Open Access
Retraction Note: End-of-life discontinuation of destination therapy with cardiac and ventilatory support medical devices: physician-assisted death or allowing the patient to die?
© Rady and Verheijde; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2010
- Received: 16 December 2010
- Accepted: 21 December 2010
- Published: 21 December 2010
The original article that this is related to.
The authors have voluntarily retracted this article  and it is no longer available for online public display because portions of the article are similar to a previous publication . While there was no intention to use pre-existing work without appropriate attribution, the authors nonetheless extend their apologies to Dr. Miller and all others concerned.
- Rady MY, Verheijde JL: End-of-life discontinuation of destination therapy with cardiac and ventilatory support medical devices: physician-assisted death or allowing the patient to die?. BMC Medical Ethics. 2010, 11: 15-10.1186/1472-6939-11-15.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Miller FG, Truog RD, Brock DW: Moral Fictions and Medical Ethics. Bioethics. 2010, 24 (9): 453-460. 10.1111/j.1467-8519.2009.01738.x. Published online: 7 July 2009View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- The pre-publication history for this paper can be accessed here:http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6939/11/20/prepub
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.